Wilmington Treatment Center helps individuals struggling with Xanax addiction build a strong foundation for long-term recovery. Located in North Carolina, Wilmington will help you smoothly transition from detoxification to our residential rehab center.
The Importance of Xanax Detox
Xanax is the brand name of a prescription medication that contains alprazolam, a central nervous system drug from the benzodiazepine family. Xanax is most commonly prescribed to treat individuals who have been suffering from symptoms that are associated with anxiety disorders.
When a person takes Xanax, he or she will typically experience a sense of relaxation. The pleasurable effects of this drug make it a popular choice for individuals who wish to self-medicate, as well as those who desire a recreational high. Xanax abuse is also fueled by the prevalence of the drug, which is usually among the 10 most prescribed medications in the United States every year.
Regardless of why a person abuses this drug, the risks to his or her health can be considerable and may include the development of an addiction. Known clinically as benzodiazepine use disorder, Xanax addiction may be characterized by a diminished capacity to control how frequently a person abuses Xanax, how much Xanax he or she abuses, as well as the prioritization of Xanax acquisition and abuse over personal and professional responsibilities.
When a person has become addicted to Xanax, professional treatment at a detox center may be the only way for him or her to resume control over his or her behavior. Unfortunately, many people are incapable of stopping their abuse of Xanax, even for a short period of time in order to start treatment.
One of the reasons for this problem is that attempting to stop using Xanax after a person has become addicted can be an extremely distressing experience. Unfortunately, fear of the pain of Xanax withdrawal, or failed prior attempts to end one’s Xanax abuse, can drive a person deeper into this self-defeating behavior.
What Happens During Withdrawal
What Happens During Xanax Withdrawal
One of the characteristics of Xanax addiction is that an individual’s body will adapt to the presence of Xanax, and will react negatively when the drug is absent. When a person tries to end his or her Xanax abuse, he or she will experience a series of unpleasant symptoms that are referred to collectively as Xanax withdrawal.
The intensity of Xanax withdrawal symptoms will depend upon several factors, including the nature and severity of a person’s Xanax abuse and addiction. In general, when a person who has developed an addiction to Xanax stops taking this drug, he or she may experience many or all of the following symptoms:
- Intense cravings for Xanax
- Excessive perspiration
- Muscle twitching and/or tremors
- Increased heart rate
The pain of Xanax withdrawal, and the knowledge that it can be alleviated by relapsing into Xanax abuse, can overwhelm even the most dedicated desire to stop using this drug. Thankfully, the detoxification program at Wilmington Treatment Center offers a much healthier and more productive path to accomplish this important objective.
Why Choose Us For Xanax Detox
Why Choose Wilmington Treatment Center for Xanax Detox
At our detox center, men and women who have been incapable of ending their Xanax abuse can rid their bodies of this drug in a safe environment under the expert care of compassionate professionals. The detoxification, or detox, program at Wilmington Treatment Center provides individuals with a wealth of benefits, including the following:
- Safety – The health and safety of all participants are the top priority of the detox staff at Wilmington Treatment Center. Throughout an individual’s time at our Xanax detox center, he or she will be under the constant supervision of experienced professionals who will monitor his or her health and protect his or her wellbeing.
- Superior support – Individuals who participate in detox at North Carolina’s Wilmington Treatment Center will be cared for by a team of licensed and certified professionals who are experienced in all aspects of the Xanax detoxification process and who are uniquely prepared to provide world-class medical and therapeutic support.
- Comfort – While in detoxification at Wilmington Treatment Center, individuals who are withdrawing from Xanax may be able to receive certain prescription medications that will ease their cravings and other distressing symptoms.
Also, individuals in the Xanax detoxification program may have the opportunity to participate in individual, group, and certain experiential therapies. Doing so can help them to have a more successful detox experience, while also preparing them for continued progress in the residential and/or outpatient phases of their recovery.
Long-Term Benefits of Detox
Long-Term Benefits of Xanax Detoxification
In addition to ensuring the immediate safety and security of participants, Wilmington Treatment Center’s detoxification program can provide the following long-term benefits:
- Connection to the recovery community: The millions of individuals who are currently recovering from addiction form a vibrant and dynamic community that can be a source of ongoing support. While at our Xanax detox center, an individual will be introduced to the power and possibility of the recovery community.
- Positive Mindset: The despair and degradation of Xanax addiction can cause an individual to lose faith in him or herself and hope for the future. Having a successful detox experience can help an individual to develop the self-confidence and positive mindset that will support his or her continued efforts to achieve long-term recovery.
- Health: While in Xanax detox, an individual will begin to experience both improved physical strength and psychological stability. Maintaining an appreciation for improved health, and following the instructions provided by detox staff about how best to build upon this progress after the successful completion of detox, will be an invaluable advantage as the individual does the hard work of participating in residential and/or outpatient treatment and pursuing lifelong recovery.
For additional information about Xanax detoxification and other treatment opportunities at Wilmington Treatment Center in North Carolina, please feel free to contact us at your convenience. We look forward to answering all of your questions and helping you determine if we are the perfect place for you or a loved one.