Learn More About Our Military Treatment Program
At Wilmington Treatment Center, we consider it both an honor and a privilege to be entrusted with the care of men and women who serve our nation. In order to ensure that we are offering the highest quality of care in a manner that is best suited to their unique needs, we have created Operation Recovery, a specialized treatment track for active-duty military members, veterans, and retirees, military branch emblems as well as first responders such as police officers, emergency medical technicians, and firefighters.
The goal of Operation Recovery is to provide a supportive environment in which military members and first responders can receive focused treatment for substance abuse, chemical dependency, and co-occurring mental health disorders such as posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD). Because individuals in these professions are so often exposed to trauma, they are at significantly increased risk for developing PTSD. By participating in Operation Recovery, these individuals can receive care that has been customized to address their unique experiences, and that is provided by professionals who have specific expertise in working with members of the military and first responder communities.
Services & Therapies Available Through Our Military Rehab Program in Wilmington, NC
In addition to participating in individual therapy, recreational therapy, and other services that are provided through Wilmington Treatment Center’s inpatient rehabilitation program, Operation Recovery participants may also benefit from the following services, activities, and techniques:
- Comprehensive treatment plans that have been personalized to meet the unique needs of each participant, and which are implemented by multidisciplinary teams of dedicated treatment professionals
- Group sessions in which all participants are either military members, first responders, or those who have previously served in either profession
- Opportunity to work with counselors who are veterans of the U.S. military
- Family involvement through engagement in the on-site family education program or via phone consultation
- Dual diagnosis treatment with coordination of care between the medical and clinical staff, including individual and small group sessions that are focused on both education and relapse prevention as these issues relate to both illnesses
- Introduction to local Alcoholics Anonymous/Narcotics Anonymous meetings both on-site and in the community
- Monthly AA meetings hosted on-site by active-duty and retired military members from local installations
- Opportunities for command involvement through program visits and phone consultations
For participants whose substance use disorder is accompanied by co-occurring PTSD, Operation Recovery offers the following services:
- Cognitive Processing Therapy (CPT), pharmacotherapy, and adjunctive services to manage combat-related PTSD
- Seeking Safety, which is a best-practice model for the treatment of PTSD that resulted from childhood trauma or other non-combat-related trauma
- Specific interventions for individuals who are experiencing combat-related PTSD
Find Out More About Our Military Treatment Program & Other Services at Wilmington Treatment Center in NC
For additional information about Operation Recovery or answers to any questions you may have about Wilmington Treatment Center’s ability to provide quality treatment to military members and first responders, please feel free to contact us at your convenience.