Wilmington Treatment Center helps individuals struggling with Oxycodone addiction build a strong foundation for long-term recovery. Located in North Carolina, Wilmington will help you smoothly transition from detoxification to our residential rehab center.
The Importance of Oxycodone Detox
Oxycodone, a potent medication, is a powerful substance that can be found in a number of different prescription painkillers, including OxyContin and Percocet. While this medication is helpful in providing relief for many people, it is also a medication that possesses a great potential for abuse and addiction. When it is consumed, oxycodone and oxycodone medications can trigger the onset of pleasurable effects that can entice users, including those who need it for medical reasons and those who do not.
As the individual starts to regularly abuse oxycodone, he or she can easily begin to develop a tolerance to it, as the body will begin requiring more of it in order to bring on desired effects. As the individual starts to consume more and more oxycodone, or begins consuming it more often, his or her body can begin to depend on the substance. As a result, the body cannot function the same way it did when oxycodone was in the system. When this kind of chemical dependency has been established and the individual attempts to end the use of oxycodone, he or she will likely experience withdrawal.
What Happens During Oxycodone Withdrawal
Withdrawal happens when the body strives to readjust itself to how it used to function before the introduction of oxycodone. This can be very painful, and even dangerous at times. Some of the possible symptoms that can develop when an individual is experiencing oxycodone withdrawal can include the following:
- Abdominal cramping
- Extreme cravings
These are just some of the many possible side effects that can happen when withdrawal from oxycodone is occurring.
Since these symptoms can be so painful and uncomfortable, many individuals will begin desperately looking for a method to end the physical and psychological effects they are experiencing. One way of doing so is by consuming oxycodone once more, continually perpetuating the dangerous cycle of abuse and addiction.
Why Choose Wilmington Treatment Center for Oxycodone Detox
Individuals can prevent oxycodone withdrawal symptoms by partaking in detoxification, or detox services. This is the physiological process where toxic substances are removed from the body. By engaging in detox at a top-notch oxycodone detox center, individuals can have oxycodone wiped directly from their systems without having to experience the symptoms that would otherwise occur during the period of withdrawal.
At Wilmington Treatment Center in North Carolina, we work to ensure the detox is as comfortable as possible. We understand the extreme amount of courage that it requires to participate in Oxycodone detox, and we applaud those who show that strength.
Our comprehensive oxycodone detoxification offers individuals consistent, around-the-clock nursing care and consistent interactions with our medical staff. The medical professionals at our detox center do everything within their power to ensure the safety and comfort of each patient, which can sometimes include unique medications that are able to decrease any pain or discomfort.
At the time of completing Oxycodone detox, individuals are able to move flawlessly into our residential rehabilitation program where they can develop the skills needed to maintain their recovery for the long-term.
Long-Term Benefits of Oxycodone Detoxification
There are a number of benefits to deciding to participate in detox services as one step towards recovering from oxycodone abuse. Some benefits can include, however are not limited to, the following:
- Safety: Oxycodone withdrawal is usually not unsafe, however complications can develop. Our professional team is able to respond to any issues in a way that protects the health and safety of anyone detoxing at Wilmington.
- Therapeutic support: In addition to offering medications, our detox professionals are able to help patients handle pain through a series of therapeutic interventions. The skills developed during Oxycodone detox can also be highly effective at the time of the treatment process, as well as after the individual has finished care and returned home.
- Comfort: The medical supervision at Wilmington provides specific prescription medications that can minimize the most painful symptoms of withdrawal, helping patients end their abuse of oxycodone with less pain than they would experience otherwise.
- Continuity: When an individual finishes up detox at Wilmington, he or she can then move into the next level of care for his or her oxycodone addiction. This continuity of care increases the chances that the individual will have a successful experience in treatment and will receive a solid stance in early recovery.
- Community: The numerous women and men who are in recovery across the world form a tightly knit and vibrant community that can serve as a source of continued support for individuals that are recovering from oxycodone abuse. While in detox, a patient can start to make beneficial connections within his or her community and can realize the value of offering and obtaining support from those who are experiencing similar struggles.
- Security: Individuals will not be able to obtain substances of abuse while they are in Oxycodone detox at Wilmington, which eliminates the possibility that they will give into their cravings and relapse into oxycodone before finishing detox.
At Wilmington, we realize the importance of making the decision to obtain detox at the start of one’s recovery from oxycodone abuse. We also believe that an individual should not be defined by his or her addiction, which is why we work to offer individualized programming options that address each individual where he or she is at within his or her recovery. By doing so, each patient who is within our care, can feel confident that he or she will achieve success in recovery.
If you or someone you love is struggling with an oxycodone addiction and want to learn more about our detox services, or if you have other questions regarding our programming options in North Carolina, please reach out to us right now.